Monday, January 12, 2009

First Time

Hello to whoever is reading this, my name is Christina. I've never had a blog before so this is going to get interesting. The only reason I've started this is for my english class. I know we're supposed to write about reflections and opinions about something twice a week, but that's it. I thought it had to be about literature or some peice of work, but apparently I'm wrong. It can be about whatever, and just has to be 300-500 words. Hopefully I won't have too much trouble with that because if I do, I'm going to come up with pretty random stuff. Which I guess is okay because my blog name is Arbitrary Thinking. I don't plan on blogging much outside of that, but I could change my mind - who knows? I might enjoy it. Hopefully no one else will be reading this besides my professor.....and my mom. Yep, my mom. She actually has her own blog called A Southern Daydreamer... i think. She's really into interior design basically, like table settings and flower arrrangements, and her blog is about what she's doing in our house. Also my brother has one too for the same reason as me. We're in the same class - we're twins just so you know. His is called Lone Y Chromosome because he's the only guy out of 30 girls in our class. So the teacher definitely knows his name... and of course mine. I've never really liked english, probably because I wasn't very good at it. But I did enjoy it during middle school because my english liked me and my writing, so I guess if you're told you're good at something then you'll have more confidence with it. Well I guess that's kind of obvious. Also I should tell you the origin of my arbitrariness. I'm actually not sure what it is, but the use of the word arbitrary started in 9th grade. We had to learn about 20 SAT vocabulary words a week, and one week arbitrary was just one of the words. Soon, instead of my friends saying, "Gosh Christina, you're soooo random" they started to say "you're so arbitrary." And it sort of stuck with me.

1 comment: