Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl

The Super Bowl has somehow become an American tradition. It doesn't even matter if you like football or not. It doesn't matter if your favorite team is in the Bowl or not. It doesn't even matter where you are. Somehow everyone ends up watching it at some point. I've noticed recently for some families it's a reunion type thing where everyone gets together. For others a giant party. For me, it's nothing really special. I just have it on the TV while doing homework or doing something on the computer.... or typing a blog! (which is considered homework to me.) Also I noticed people tend to cook a lot of food for the Super Bowl. How has the Super Bowl become Thanksgiving part 2? In class, I overhear the exchanging of wing recipes and dip ideas. In grocery stores, people are buying beer, chips, chicken, and other junky treats in bulk. Me? Toilet paper and cold medicine... haha.

But for the non-Super Bowlers, there are always the commercials. The commercials are usually filled with celebrity sponsored goods and blockbuster trailers and somewhere there will be singing frogs. I don't know why but usally there are frogs thrown in there. Also the halftime performance is a must too. But since the Janet Jackson scandal, the performers are usually older and do their best hits. But I do have to say that my favorite commercial so far is the dorito commercial. The one guy has a snowglobe saying it's a crystal ball. He claims that the crystalball says that there will be free doritoes at lunchtime in the office breakroom. He suddenly turns around and throws the snowglobe into the vending machine breaking the class. The rest of the office run into the room grabbing bags of doritoes. hahaha...... I have an odd sense of humor. For example, I think that the Office (television show) is brilliantly funny. Don't be too surprised if I do a lot of blogs dedicated to the Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment