Sunday, April 26, 2009

Random Commercials

"They don't make things like they used to." I don't know who said this, but they were right. Like everything from the nineties could use this phrase - television, music, movies, etc. But anyway this is about random commercials and most of them are coming from my childhood...

1. Liberty Mutual: This is actually current and not from the nineties.. anyways I love these commercials. People seeing other people helping people causing them to help people... it's a never-ending circle.

2. POPS Cereal: "I got to have my Pops." They seriously don't play these commercials anymore. A kid always goes out of his way to get this 'pops' cereal and then says "I got have my Pops!" Though I remember one with a little kid sitting on a box of Pops at the table...

3. Blockbuster: A guinnea pig named Ray and a bunny named Carl are in a cage in a pet store window across the street from a Blockbuster. Ray starts talking about his favorite action flicks and starts swinging around a carrot. It hits Carl in the face and Carl looks at Ray and asks "Did you just whack me with a carrot?" Carl waves his hand and several mice jump into the cage in karate stances making karate noises and Ray says "Oh, no! ninja mice!" and they attack him.

4. Pizza Hut: I don't really remember this commercial too much, but it was pizza cutter dressed as a super hero and he talked in a high voice....

5. Kit Kat Bars: Do kids know this song today? I don't think they do. I think if you went into a school and started to sing "Give me a break, give me a break ..." kids would think you were crazy... and the school officials might too. "break me a piece of that kit kat bar!"

6. Pampers Pull-UPs: "I'm a big kid now!" in a sing-songy voice. My brother and I would sing this when we put them on when we were little.

7. 1-800-CALL-ATT: Carrot Top is telling you how to make a collect call... I just remember the commercial... i know it's random

7. Tootsie Pop: That kids always asking everyone "how many licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?" I like the one with the owl... He licks it "One.. Two.." and bites it off "Three." He munches on it and says "three".

No comments:

Post a Comment