Monday, April 20, 2009

Movies of My Childhood

Bold means we killed the VCR with the tape by watching it so many times.....

1. Brave Little Toaster
2. Land Before Time
3. We're Back: A Dinosaur Story
4. Space Jam
5. Happy Gilmore
6. Rock-A-Doodle
7. Beauty and the Beast
8. 101 Dalmatians
9. Once upon a Forest
10. Lion King
11. The Never Ending Story
12. The Mighty Ducks
13. Disney (in General)
14. Peanuts (as a whole)
15. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
16. The Big Green
17. Homeward Bound
18. An American Tale
19 The Sandlot
20. The Goonies
21. Angels in the Outfeild
22. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
23. Free Willy
24. Fern Gully
25. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
26. Three Ninjas
27. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
28. The Muppet Movie
Some are probably missing.....

They really don't make movies like they used to anymore... It's a real shame. I remember being scared watching The Goonies and The Never Ending Story. Happy Gilmore is what I blame for our violent tendencies back then. I remember taking a bat and slamming it on the ground like Happy does with his club and then throws a rock in the pond.... Also it and the Mighty Ducks caused my older brother to try out hockey. I remember going to the rink and him just slamming into walls and falling over the side on purpose....

Space Jam had a good soundtrack ... at the time. But I still sing R Kelly's I believe I can Fly... just ask my friends. I can't believe they never made a sequel like Space Jam. You'd think they would because I think it would have done well... I actually have no idea. I didnt think about those things back then...

Actually I remember being scared while watching Brave Little Toaster because at the end, there in the junk yard.... and in The Land Before Time, the mom dies in the beginning. Pretty much any movie scared me to some degree. I still don't like seeing scary movies now. I remember watching What Lies Beneath with the mute button on in my mom's room. It's not even scary... and my friend dragged me to see The Grudge..... big mistake. I can't take it; I have to hold my ears and close them when I get scared... I don't understand why I do it - it doesnt really help because you still see on the scary things on the screen....

No comments:

Post a Comment