Saturday, April 18, 2009

Random Music Moments in Movies

What could this be about? I don't know, but I think the blog title is raw self-explanatory. These are random moments of music in movies - like the actors actually singing the song. These will be, like always, in a totally random order because I'll just write them as I think of them.

1. "I say a little Prayer" - Dionne Warwick in My Best Friend's Wedding
The movie is okay. I kind of always wished that they ended up together in the end because I'm a hopeless romantic, but I kind of liked the ending. I don't know I keep contradicting myself on it. But the big family lunch scene is classic. Rupert Everett's character starts to sing it and soon the whole restaurant joins in. It's awesome; makes me happy.

2. "I am a Constant Man of Sorrow" - The Soggy Bottom Boys in O Brother Where Art Thou?
Actually this was the main reason why I loved this movie when I first saw it. I loved this song. But then I watched the whole movie and I just love the whole allusion to The Odyssey.

3. "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" - The Four Seasons in 10 Things I Hate About You
This is why a small part of me hates this movie. This never happens. Guys, high school boys especially, do not orchestrate a whole marching band and serenade to a girl just to get attention. I could believe a marriage proposal type of situation.

4.
“Old Time Rock and Roll” - Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band in Risky Business
I've never actually seen the movie, but do to the many many Rock Band commercials, it's in my brain forever.

5.
“Tiny Dancer” - Elton John in Almost Famous
I haven't seen this whole movie, but I want to- I need to. But I remember watching the bus scene while flipping through the channels, and I've always wanted to watch it.

6.
“Try a Little Tenderness” - Otis Redding in Pretty in Pink
I haven't actually seen the whole movie but I've seen most of it. And I think Duckie is so adorable dancing to this song.

I can think of more but I'm over three hundred words!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment